We are going Dress Shopping!

Trying to breathe after a whirlwind of a weekend we had... 


wake up at 4a.m. ATTEMPT to get ready for engagement photo shoot half asleep. 
6a.m. drive to Fort Point for Engagement pictures. 
Have pictures taken by the Oh so talented Cristina Marantette, 
in a dress, by the water.... oh and the weather was SUNNY but FREEZING!
Run to AT&T Park for our second location. (FUN!)
Eat lunch with MOH, Mom, Brother, Fiancé
and Bridesmaid...
That was our morning in a Nutshell.

After all that excitement and working the camera
(BTW did you know photo shoots are fun
but VERY exhausting?!)
We made our way to David's Bridal....

Did you all know the MADNESS that goes inside of David's Bridal?

If you know me at all you know that I have been a wedding Junkie for as long as I've been alive. I love everything about weddings; The dresses, the Decor, the dancing, the flowers.... The planning.
As a little girl I would love it when my mom surprise me with Bride Magazines and as a young lady I would "doodle" out my guest list, when I didn't even have a boyfriend. Even when I wasn't engaged, I'd scour the internet and magazines for ideas. Now that I'm engaged... which still feels so surreal, I FREEZE when someone asks me how wedding planning is going. 
When we walked into David's Bridal on Saturday I was so nervous and overwhelmed... here's proof




Nervously I rolled my chapstick in my hand while I checked us in for our Bridesmaid appointment...
I was surrounded by so many beautiful dresses, SO many textures, so many options.
Thank God I have such supportive bridesmaids and supportive mom. They all quickly reminded me that this day is all about what I wanted. That's a lot of pressure!
After we browsed through the bridesmaids dresses, styles and colors my bridesmaids, momma and I made our way to a fitting room to see what we liked.

I'm proud to say that my lovely ladies, even 2 out of towners (1 in L.A. and 1 in NY) agreed on a 
dress. Although there were 2 hesitant on the style, I'm lucky that they are going with the majority.






Then came THE moment. The moment my mom and I had anticipated for so long, the moment we've been crying over, the moment I had been so nervous about...





My mom's smile says it all









You see that lady. My gorgeous mom. She has been my rock since day one. Trying on a wedding dress means much more to both of us. My mom has been my biggest encourager, my shoulder to cry one... this moment means so much for both of us. At one point she took on the role or mother AND father. With God's love, strength and joy she has been able to help me be the woman I am today. I totally understand that there are family and friends that I have that also deserve credit; but this moment belongs to my mom. The fact that I get to wear white on my wedding day, along with the fact that both my mom and I share an undeniable bond... makes this moment much more monumental. You see my mom has helped me choose many dresses: 1 year old dress, my 1st grade picture dress, my quincenera dress and my prom dress just to name a few. If we sat here and told you the hardships and trials that we were going through at the moments those dresses were chosen, you'd 
poop your pants. 

I'm certainly not sharing this to have the light shine on me but to give God glory, to give my mom some credit for all the hard work. God has been good to us and his loving mercy has brought us through to this day. You see this moment is monumental because although we are far from perfect, God's grace has called us pure, the love God has allowed to have for each other between my mom and I is a testament of God's power....
So cheers to trying on the First wedding dress!







Popular Posts