Chocolate Covered Bacon


By the time I was 10 years old I had more bride magazines than the number of dolls I owned.
Flipping through those pages, admiring all the different wedding gowns gave me a rush.  
I slightly remember one of the weddings I was in as a little girl. 
I wore a tiny bride dress & veil as I held on to my Tia's wedding dress train. 
I felt like a mini princess.
Bride magazines were a usual request on my list for Santa & my mom knew she could cheer me up by purchasing me one "just because". Even when I didn't have a boyfriend I had a regular stack of them in my room. 
Then Mr. Tutera walked into my life my wedding cravings grew to crazy proportions. Yes it was a bit about the glamour & the glitter. The venue, the dress & the decor. Hey! Who doesn't like to shine a bit?!
Oh don't get me started about those chapel length veils!
But what I really love about weddings is the fact that two people could be so in love that they would want to show their love off to the world. The fact that family & friends travel from far just to be with the bride & groom to celebrate their love blows my mind! 

Of course I'm still on a wedding high. 
How could the creator of the universe love me so much to make my dream come true? 
How is he so thoughtful to give me my Prince Charming? 
It boggles my mind & overwhelms me at the thought of it.

Because I can't find words to describe our wedding, let me just say that we had so much fun, it was amazing in every way possible. 
We laughed, we cried, we danced & 
some few of us had Chocolate covered Bacon as dessert 
(don't get me started on how bitter Ben & I are that we didn't even get to try it!).

Things, as expected, did go wrong, (there are the guests who RSVP'd but politely did NOT show up, the wedding dress straps that broke, the slideshow that wasn't shown & the uninvited wedding guest who showed up) 
but none of that mattered at the end of the night when I saw guests on the dance floor 
as I held my husbands hand & saw our parents with the biggest smiles we've ever seen.
After, literally years and years of planning it came down to one beautiful day, when I walked down the isle to marry my best friend.

I feel like there's so much more to say, like: who walked me down the isle, why did we choose clutches over flower bouquets for our bridesmaids , or why we had a mother daughter dance, 
or how much I love my new husband and 
why we waited to have sex with each other until our wedding night....

Maybe for future blogs, 
But for now I shall leave you with these beauties....


One of my favorites...










Popular Posts