MySpace Wife

Ok, first of all let me apologize for my cheesiness: yes I’m writing a blog because my husband just released some of his music today. But hold on one second before you go let me explain one of the reasons why I support Ben’s dreams…

Go back in time with me to early 2006, back in MySpace days. Let’s be honest, how many of you spent hours trying to find the perfect profile background? The days when you strategically planned your best Profile picture? Remember the tough decisions of who you should put on your Top 10 Friends? Nobody, just me…. Wellll then..

January 2006 I sent a friend request to this guy, in the Raiders jersey (whom I thought was cute)



and just hope he didn’t think I was a creep. So along with a friend request I sent this message
 “…I seen U @ conventions & stuff just thought I'd ask u 2 b my friend! Well      GB!
(GB is short for God Bless, I wanted him to know I was a legit Christian girl and if he was a legit Christian he’d know what that meant haha)

Don’t worry guys, I did my research. I Googled him and asked our mutual friend tons of questions. “Is he a legit person? Is he nice? What’s he about?”
Ben accepted my friend request. I was giddy, but didn’t want to get my hopes up in this cyber world, plus what if our mutual friend just buttered him up, and what if he didn’t end up being everything he said he was? Either way I was down to have another friend.

This MySpace message begun January 11th 2006 and went on for several weeks. We talked about music, sports and our faith. He also talked to me through some C R A Z Y hard times (I PROMISE I will share more on this soon).
These MySpace messages were a daily thing. Eventually things got serious and he asked for my EMAIL address! (lol sarcasm much?) He sent me music, tons of it. He even explained the genres and background stories of the music he’d send.




Fast-forward 10 years later, after countless phone conversations, dates, meals, 480 days of wedded bliss- I’ve come to know this guy who loves music, we’ve had road trips with Petra, Dr. Dre, Backstreet Boys and Maroon 5 just to name a few.

Also, did you know that he arranged the song that I walked down the aisle to on our wedding day? *sigh*

His dreams are surrounded by music.
He is a perfectionist when it comes to his music.
He freely shares any music knowledge he has to anyone who asks.
He loves to encourage positivism and creativity through his music.
He takes joy in seeing his students’ progress.
If you’d like to take a listen you can find his new music on.



 You can search DanielBenjamin The Start Up.
Holla at your girl if you listened to my hubby's music.


Happy Music Listening to you!

As always I do apologize, to whomever is gutsy enough to read such a sporadic blog like mine. Working on sharing some more of ME this month, Pinky Promise!

How did you met your S.O.? I love hearing how unique everyone's love story is!
Share the stories, Either here, my Instagram or Twitter





Popular Posts