Hot Mess: AJ Part 2

So let's start off with before I met AJ shall we? Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'll be spilling out my beautifully messy story... and if you're the ONE person that is encouraged by any of my blogs... cyber blog hugs to you!

Before I met AJ I was a complete mess. 

Like a hot mess.



September 2004- I started off my senior year in high school by attending my mom's wedding... to my step dad... whom (at the time) I hated; I hated him with all my guts. 
I even tried calling Immigration to have him deported. (No joke) 
I was mean.
I was bitter.


(loose translation: Oh crap, immigration!)

I know hate is a strong word, but my mom remarrying meant that my parents were NEVER getting back together. 

Eeeeevvveeeer!  

I was going to be That Girl who's parents couldn't work it out. I was That Girl, the one people would feel sorry for. That Girl that would question if I was the reason my parents got divorced. I was That Girl!

I HATED anything and everything that reminded me that I was a child of divorced parents.
That alone was a lot to deal with. 
AND now I had to learn how to live with a whole different person... trying to be my dad...
Oh heck no!

October 2004- A month later, my first puppy love /high school boyfriend of 2 years cheated on me and dumped me. I wanted to move far far away, create a new identity, and forget everything. 
It wasn't easy getting over him... you see we went to the SAME high school, (only 1 high school in the town at the time, so it's not like I could transfer!) we had THE SAME friends, we went to THE SAME youth group...ugh...had lunch at the SAME time.

I was a MESS. I felt like my world was crumbling and I'd never recover. If you've ever had to go through your first breakup... oh you can only imagine how much of a mess I was. No amount of ice cream could cure this hurt. ( I laugh so hard at my 17 year old self now... I knew NOTHING) 




Everything I had "planned" for my life was over... my life was over at 17 years of age. (Insert crazy laughter here) 

I thought this was the deepest hurt I would ever experience. LUCKILY! I had amazing support with my youth group. The extra prayers, my friends from church who picked me up, my mom who hugged me and told me it would be OK through food and shopping shopping... and some more shopping <3

ALSO someone from church gave me similar advice that blogger Stephanie gives; #2 on her list (How to Get Over a Break Up)... I did it MANY times throughout my senior year and it helped me... oh so much!

(Spoiler, I did indeed get over it. Although it sucks... and it sucks BAD when it when it happens to you, please know YOU will be OK eventually. And if doesn't seem like it, look around you Pinpoint that friend, or that parent that can help carry you along the way)

November 2004- Then Senior Year reminded me that life was moving on even if I wasn't .... and that if I wanted to graduate I needed to volunteer a certain amount of hours to be able to graduate. Even though I had a ton of hours from volunteering at church, for some reason I still needed more.
All while I tried to understand why in the world was God allowing me to go through this.
I was that crazy girl yelling up at the sky... I was the HOT MESS yelling why.

My high school counselor suggested I volunteer for several days as a 6th grade camp counselor for Outdoor Ed, that would guarantee me enough hours to graduate on time.

Time away from school meant time away from reality. 

Reality sucked. 

I signed up, I needed to graduate, I needed those volunteer hours. 

And guess who else also needed hours?

AJ.



Popular Posts