Advent / Christmas Countdown


I love Advent Calendars.
I'm pretty obsessed with Christmas countdowns. I have about 3 in our 1 BEDROOM apartment.
Why wouldn't anyone want to eat a chocolate a day as they countdown to Santa's arrival?
But at my age it's frowned upon to eat sugar everyday.

Advent calendars are such an amazing way to remember the birth of our King, the remembrance of his birth and what it meant to the world.

One of my husband's love languages is Quality Time, so I thought it would be sweet to plan out Christmas centered activities together as a gift to us.

So, I made our own. 

I added some date nights, prayer nights, random acts of kindness days...

It's fun to customize these depending on your  lifestyle, your schedules and family traditions.

It took some thought, but ended up being easy and fun to make.

Target and Michael's were my go-to places for all the supplies.


Black Foam poster board: 
 $2.99

Embellishments:
$1.50
(and some from my crafting box) 

Christmas Cardstock:
$3.00



I was going to Print out numbers 1-25, but once I saw these much cuter ones,
I put them in my cart (along with TOO much other unneeded crafting supplies).

After a Michael's Coupon:
$2.50


  1. I cut the cardstock to the size that I wanted each day to be. 
  2. I determined how I wanted to space out the slots. The slots will be filled with different activities for each day.

   3. I realized I needed to have our family calendar nearby to fill in the days, But I kept a list         separate on my phone of what activities landed on what days, so if our schedules change I could easily could switch activities if necessary.

4. I attached some ribbon, found a place to hang it, where we would see it everyday; and hung it up.
in our entry hall.




I am so excited for my husband to be surprised by each day. 

Some activities are for the bedroom ( don't be a prude, God invented sex!)

Some activities include praying for families in need.

I hope this inspires you to plan some Christmas days with your husband, or your children.

Add your own spice and your own traditions to your countdown.

I'll post about some of our activities on my Instagram account, if you'd like to follow me 
at: RhemaJean

Merry Christmas!






Popular Posts