Our Song? But we don't have A SONG!

So how long should someone date before they find their song?
Does everyone one have to have that one song they could say... "Aaah yes! That's our song!"
We've been dating for 8 years and we don't have "a song".

Ben and I communicated mostly through messaging, phone calls and emails during the first couples months before we began dating.The topics of conversation were around, faith, sports aaaaand music.
He'd ask me if I had heard this artist and that artist... Honestly most of the time my response was "um not yet". 
So he'd so graciously send various gospel and other genre songs through email. 

I clearly remember the moment I heard "Praise is What I Do" by Shekinah Glory. I was going through most unimaginable trials I've ever faced in my life. The Yolo County D.A. Was pressing charges for A.J.'s death... Involuntary Manslaughter.
What?
Did the D.A. Seriously think I did this on purpose? Did he think it was my intention to lose my best friend that day? As you can imagine the pain was unbearable, the thoughts in my mind were like none I'd ever had. 

And Ben sent me that song during this time. This time of such horrible anguish. 
"And I vow to praise You

Through the good and the bad.

I'll praise You,

Whether happy or sad.
I'll praise You

Praise is what I do

When I want to be close to You,

I lift my hands in praise.

Praise is who I am,
I will praise Him while I can.
I'll bless Him at all times."

Such simple lyrics, helped me get through this season of trial.
I just wanted to be close to my creator even if I did at times question God and why he allowed such a terrible thing to happen.
Ben had previously shared with me why he held this song so close to him.
Could our song be a worship song?

Well this is one of our songs that we love, it reminds us of our how much we owe of ourselves to
Our God. Our love for each other begun when we noticed each other's love for our creator.

So whether we have "our song", or we spend a gazillion hours listening to love songs to find ours, or we WIN   MelodyWed's Our Custom Song giveaway or not, (which by the way is an amazing wedding company that takes your story and creates a long song customized just for YOU). I first began writing this blog to ask about wedding love songs, and then to enter MelodyWed's giveaway... BUT really
Ended up just to share God's goodness in my life. Really. It's crazy that one song could lead me to talk about God's grace and times he has pulled us through the unthinkable.

But hey! Share with us love songs, ideas? I personally love "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and Al. Green's Let's Stay Together. What was the song you first danced as husband and wife? I'd love to hear.



Popular Posts