Ballsy: AJ Part 4

I’m completely aware of the fact that chivalry is not dead.
I am also aware that ALL Disney princesses are to be pursued first; 
princesses are to be charmed first, but I am a different breed of Disney princesses.

For some reason even though I know all of that, and although I have always guarded my heart, I'm a brave girl… and seem to make the first move.

I’d like to say I’m a pretty Ballsy girl.



It takes a lot for me to get embarrassed, and I’m rarely ever shy.


With AJ, I gave him a card and said; hey, I think you’re a cool guys let be friends.

Before my husband and I started dating I was the one who sent the first message & Friend request (Shout out to MySpace Wives)

I took the first step.
Was I scared?
Heck yes I was!
Did I have sweaty palms?
um yea!

But I just went for it. 


I can’t really pinpoint an event or time that made me like this, I just have always had this perspective, might as well do what you want, take advantage of every chance because life is short.

"Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow" Psalms 144:4

Ballsy is not the prettiest word, I get it, but it describes the way I want to be in all areas of my life.
To take risks, to not be afraid of failure.
To be brave and courageous, even after failure.
Just try again or a different method.
Dust yourself off and try again....


I'm not saying reckless is my motto, but taking chances because we'll never know what we might miss if we don't take risks.

Not just with relationships, but with almost every area of our lives. 

Taking risks in trusting in God when we can't see him.
Taking risks in going back to school.
Taking risks, for the better, in our jobs.

Rejection is scary and it sucks. But I think it's better than being stuck with the "what if's" in our mind.

"what IF we did"

So between the moment I gave AJ the card and the day of our accident, we were either on the phone, hanging out together at school, at Jack in the Box, at his house or at my house.
Basically we quickly became besties.

Even though sometimes I wish I wasn't this outgoing, because, yes, it has gotten me into trouble sometimes....
I'm so glad I'm ok with taking risks and being Ballsy ...

I would have missed out on an amazing friendship with AJ.

How many things have we missed from fear or being risky?
Fear of rejection?




Popular Posts